EPI provides data services for organizations in the form of data collection, warehousing, and dissemination. EPI has developed numerous surveys and administered these instruments to a large number of students, and also has the internal capacity to build data tools and warehouses to store and retrieve data in a timely fashion.
In January 2010, EPI Consulting, the small business subsidiary of the Educational Policy Institute, qualified as an US Department of Education ED-SAT contractor. Under this Streamlined Acquisition Tool contract, the Educational Policy Institute is pre-qualified to perform contracts for the Department in the areas of Research and Assessment Design, Data Collection, and Analysis.
- Measuring Up 2008, A Midwestern Perspective on the National Report Card (2009), Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MHEC)
- Effective Practices in Student Success (EPSS; 2007- ), Texas Guaranteed (TG)
- The MESA (Measuring the Effectiveness of Student Aid) Project (2005-09), Canada Millennium Scholarship Foundation
- The Institutional Student Retention Assessment (ISRA; 2005-07), Lumina Foundation for Education
- FastTrack Student Tracking Software and Survey System (2006- ), Polaris Research Associates
- Kentucky Postsecondary Education Comprehensive Affordability Analysis (2006), Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
- Evaluation of the NACME Scholars Program (2006), National Action Council on Minorities in Engineering
- Formative Evaluation of the Prudential Foundation New Jersey Youth Initiative (2003-04), Prudential Foundation of New Jersey