EPI designs and directs small- and large-scale research projects to answer questions that help us better understand the education system, how students learn, and how we can improve systems and strategies to improve the education process. This work, conducted for philanthropies, state/provincial agencies, federal governments, and organizations, is done to expand our knowledge through broad dissemination.
EPI's work in this area includes the design and implementation of experimental and non-experimental studies, formative and summative research, survey development, site-based research, including focus groups, interviews, and document retrieval/review, and data collection and analysis. EPI's staff and consultants include some of the best researchers from around the world.
EPI is a US Department of Education ED-SAT contractor. Under this Streamlined Acquisition Tool contract, the Educational Policy Institute is pre-qualified to perform contracts for the Department in the areas of Research and Assessment Design, Data Collection, and Analysis.
In addition, EPI provides data services for organizations in the form of data collection, warehousing, and dissemination. EPI has developed numerous surveys and administered these instruments to a large number of students, and also has the internal capacity to build data tools and warehouses to store and retrieve data in a timely fashion. EPI has also developed sophisticated data portals for the US Department of Education and other organizations.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how we can help you.
- Evaluation of AVID Peer Tutoring Practices (2018-19), AVID Center, San Diego, CA.
- Evaluation of the Santa Fe College Federal Title III Project (2018-2022), Santa Fe College, Gainesville, FL.
- Evaluation of the Wilmington College Federal Title III Project (2017-2021), Wilmington College, Wilmington, OH.
- Evaluation of the Bergen Community College Federal Title V Project (2017-2021), Bergen Community College, Bergen, NJ.
- Evaluation of Gambling Services and Addiction Treatment in Colorado (2016), Colorado Department of Human Services, Office of Behavioral Health, Denver, CO.
- Evaluation of College Success Foundation — DC (2015-16), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Seattle, WA.
- Cost Effective Analysis of SAVE the Children, Bangladesh (2014-18), SAVE the Children, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Evaluation of the Special Education Personnel Development Program (2012-2017), US Department of Education, Office of Special Education (OSEP), Washington, DC.
- Evaluation of the Teacher Immersion Residency Teacher Quality Partnership Grant (2009-2014), Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia.
- Evaluation of the Pittsburgh Science and Technology Academy (2009-11), Pittsburgh Public Schools.
- Evaluation of Let’s Talk about Leadership and Learning Professional Development Initiative (2009-10), School-University Research Network, College of William and Mary
- Evaluation of the Newport News Teaching American History Initiative (2009-2014), Newport News Public Schools
- Evaluation for Safe Schools/Healthy Students Grant (2009-2013), Lawrence County School District, Monticello, MS
- Evaluation of Elementary and Secondary School Counseling Program (2009-11), School Board of Osceola County, Florida
- Evaluation of the Hampton (VA) GEAR UP Partnership (2008-2014), Hampton City Schools.
- Texas High School Project Evaluation: Expansion of Scope (2008-09), Texas Education Agency (TEA).
- Study of District Practices in the Evaluation of Professional Development Initiatives in the State of Alabama (2009), Southeastern Regional Educational Laboratory / Alabama State Department of Education
- An Evaluation of Iowa’s Reading First Program (2007-08), Iowa Department of Education
- An Evaluation of Reading First Supplementary Materials (2007), North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
- Evaluation of the Province of Ontario’s Aboriginal Education and Training Strategy (2006-07), Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities
- Improving Educational Outcomes for Students with Disabilities II (2006-07), National Council on Disability
- Evaluation of the NACME Scholars Program (2006), National Action Council on Minorities in Engineering
- Kentucky Postsecondary Education Comprehensive Affordability Analysis (2006), Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Student Aid (MESA; 2005-09), Canada Millennium Scholarship Foundation
- Impact Evaluation of KIPP Schools (2005), KIPP Foundation
- Latino Youth and the Pathway to College (2004), Pew Hispanic Institute
- Formative Evaluation of the Prudential Foundation New Jersey Youth Initiative (2003-04), Prudential Foundation of New Jersey